Thursday, 6 September 2012

Waterfall Nook.....

Today I finished Waterfall Nook, a fictitious Quarterscale roombox named by my young daughter Holly.  Colleen kindly allowed me to show you this version which replaced an earlier version which has gone missing in the post.  Later I will add photos of the earlier Waterfall Nook.  Colleen's has been darkly coloured in a way that I have not used for a few years.  Initially the base coat was acrylic brown but I added dark oak wood stain which when applied runs into all the detail nicely.  When it had finally dried I dry brushed some light brown then white acrylics to pick out detail.  The beauty of using stain is that it leaves a realistic sheen which you often get from 400 year old polished oak panelling and it is a technique I will be returning too for good.  I hope you like it.

1 comment: