The early stage of making TheWatchmaker really is turning out nicely. The 7 photos below show how I have made progress with the cog/base part.
Top row, left to right:
1. The cogs hand cut from two card thicknesses.
2. Some of the cogs and the larger cog themed base.
3. First set of cogs glued to main base.
4. Second set of cogs glued over first set.
Bottom row left to right:
5. Main base (cog base not glued)
6. Cogs stained, ready to paint with some mechanism pieces cut and glued. Base infilled with air-dry clay. This will be a stone floor.
7. Base sitting on cogs to view, not glued.
And today (Sunday 29th) the exterior walls have been added to..... more cogs! I have had a change of plan regarding the front and ceiling. More photos later.....